Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fun in the Sun - CA style

The kids and I spent a few days in So Cal last week with my mom and dad. They needed a grandkid fix and who was I to say no??? We all had a blast swimming in the pool, hanging out at Newport Beach, and getting together with dear friends. Only bummer was that Jon had to stay home and work. Stupid job... :)


Grandma Sue, Grandpa Lynn, B, and Maddie

My little beach bum

Ahhhh, the Pacific. And of course, Ruby's on the pier in the background - yummy!


Some of my life long friends from CA - Diane (with baby #3 in the oven) and Annabel

Riding the ponies at Irvine park has become a tradition for us. Maddie rode the trotting pony this time and loved bouncing along!


Brogan loved his "horsey ride"


Grandma Sue and Maddie

The train at Irvine Park


Playdate at Diane's with her boys (Sam and Ben - on the right), Maddie, Brogan, and my friend Lisa and her kids (Landon and Makenna - on the left).

Bedtime stories with Grandma

Brogan loved reading the "airplane book" with my dad each night. This kid is OBSESSED with airplanes right now!

God's good timing allowed me to visit with my dear friends Brian and Kirsten Marsh (and their boys Ian and Trevor). They were my junior high pastors and Brian married Jon and me. Now they live in Missoula, Montana so having our paths cross in CA was just great!


This is how the kids spent every afternoon...

Pool time with Grandpa and Grandma!













1 comment:

Goodworth Family said...

yeah - I have some comments

one - i want a copy of the kids' pictures on these ones, esp since I didn't get to see Maddie this last trip

two - not sure why diane has permission to be that cute, yet that pregnant - seriously?

three - it was only a matter of time til you posted recipes ....or useless celebrity info