Thursday, April 23, 2009

Home Improvement Fun!

As it always seems to this time of year, the home improvement bug bit me and I decided the best "cure" was to tackle our main floor powder room. It was going to be a quick and easy weekend project - some new paint and chair rail. Well, I was a bit overly confident as the chair rail part of the project nearly killed us! The painting was no problem as I've done more rooms than I can count in the past 9 years, but the chair rail was a first for both Jon and me. It probably wouldn't have been too bad if not for the random 5" curved corner wall that the builder decided was necessary - since when is putting in 4 square walls such a bad idea?!?!? Anyway, with the help of Uncle Dave's miter saw and our neighbor Pete's handiness, we got the job done and it turned out pretty well. I forgot to take "before" pictures but trust me, the peachy/pink walls are nothing to be missed! And of course the pictures below aren't a totally honest representation of the work - the bottom section of the walls are chocolate brown and the top sections are a warm khaki color. Light blue accents finish the "look".





3 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Absolutely beautiful!! You guys did a great job, the colors are very striking!

Carrie Wallace said...

Looks great -- can't wait to see it in person!

MegSteph said...

Where did you get those fun flower things on the wall??