Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving in Mexico

Hola? Como estan? We returned a few days ago from a fabulous week in Mexico with my family. We spent a week at the Gran Porto Real resort in Playa del Carmen and it was just about perfect. The weather couldn't have been better, the resort was amazing with a lovely beach and of course it was great to have so much time with my parents, grandparents, sister, and aunt. Other than Brogan being determined to wake me to watch the sunrise every morning, we had no other complaints. The kids were really good travelers and as long as Maddie had her daily "fruity drink", she was happy. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that my 3-year-old daughter asks me the following: "Mommy, when can we go to the bar to get my margarita?"!!!!


The whole clan (except for Aunt Karlie, who was taking the picture)

Brogan absolutely loved the ocean. He wasn't so sure about the sand on the first few days, but he got used to it and couldn't get enough by the end of the week!

Grandma Sue and little B

The view from our room - not a bad way to start and end each day, that's for sure!


Our sand bunnies - note that Maddie is completely covered up to her waist. She spent a good part of the week as a "corndog" - made for fun cleanup at the end of every day....



Brogan loved running the long halls of the hotel. He only landed on his giant noggin once or twice. :)



One the gazillion iguanas at the Tulum ruins site - the kids thought they were awesome!



Me and my sister (Auntie Erin) at Tulum


Maddie at Tulum - she actually thought the old "castles" were pretty cool!


Me and Jon at Tulum


My grandparents (the Taits), Erin, and Maddie


Maddie had her hair braided the 2nd night of the trip - it was nice and easy for the rest of the week, though I think we are STILL finding sand and other beach treasures in her hair....


Who says buckets are for sand???



A constant theme of the week - one of us chasing the little dude as he was determined to walk or run everywhere, regardless of dangerous bodies of water at every turn.



Maddie and Auntie Erin - they were best friends all week. Poor Erin couldn't even go to the bathroom without Maddie insisting she go along.



Yep, this scene was pretty much the norm for 7 straight days - I can't complain!


Grandpa Lynn and Maddie



3 generations of ladies - my mom, me, and Maddie

3 comments:

Jane Seale Gramenz said...

Oh how gorgeous! The destination and the family! I am in desperate need of a vacation like this!!!! We've been hovering below 10 degrees for days now and Mexico is calling. Maybe next year at this time!

Carrie Wallace said...

I'm jealous. So beautiful! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Tara said...

Wow! I have to admit that I'm jealous too. Estoy celosa! Glad you got to go--what fun memories!